A Look at Toronto’s Best Summer Festivals
Canada’s largest city is making headlines with their diverse festival scene this summer. With a population of over 2.7 million, Toronto is thought to be the cultural, entertainment and financial capital of the country, and it shows when you take a look at the wide variety of festivals they’re set to host in the month of July, let alone throughout the entire summer.
Between an African music and film festival, a Salsa dancing festival, Caribbean carnival, jazz festival, and the Festival of Beer (the nation’s biggest beer festival), just to name a few, Toronto has one busy and unique schedule to keep to this month.
Below, we take a look at some of the most highly anticipated Toronto summer festivals. Browse through them and let us know which ones you’d most like to attend!
Salsa on St. Clair
- The Salsa on St. Clair Street Festival takes place Saturday & Sunday July 13th & 14th at St. Clair Avenue West between Winona Drive and Christie Street. This FREE festival has attracted over a million people to Toronto since it started back in 2005.
- Festival attendees will be able to enjoy full-favored foods, a Latin market, enchanting dancing and incredible music.
Scotiabank Caribbean Carnival
- Toronto’s Caribbean Carnival celebrates their 46th anniversary this year, and the annual extravaganza is even bigger and better than years past. From July 14th through August 4th, this three-week festival erupts with Caribbean culture, music, food, theatre and art.
- On August 2nd, Panorama (or Pan Alive) will feature incredible sounds from the expert steel pan players of the Ontario Steelpan Association.
Beaches International Jazz Festival
- The Beaches International Jazz Festival started back in 1989 when leading jazz musicians were booked to perform at the Kew Beach Bandshell. Since then, this event has grown into a 10-day festival that attracts millions of people and top-notch jazz artists each year.
- With multiple stages and an incredible variety of live jazz music, this festival is one you won’t want to miss.
Festival of Beer
- Toronto’s Festival of Beer is the biggest celebration of the carbonated and often-adored adult beverage (beer!) that Canada sees each year. This tasty festival takes place July 26-July 28.
- Attendees will have the pleasure of getting tips from the Grilling Tent, listening to some killer live tunes, and, of course, tasting a jaw-dropping variety of many different beers.